Thursday, May 27, 2010

Checklist for testing Reports


Hi Readers,
Here I try to write some checklist for testing reports, hope this will help to someone somewhere sometime. :) When first time, my manager told me to test reports, I thought how to test report, what should I test in reports? I searched on internet but not able to find some details on it. Then I was perform normal testing on it and side by side make a checklist for it, what I was test. It was really helpful to me. Later on when I performed good, they told me to test multilingual reports ! you know simple reports were hard to test, I got multilingual reports for testing. It was tough but I try my best. So now a days whenever reports will come for test, I primary test according to this checklist.
Hope it will help you.
Report Testing Checklist
1. Verify display order of columns
2. Verify sorting of the columns
3. Verify print functionality of report with landscape and portrait
4. Verify alignment of the reports
5. Verify search results of the report
6. Verify date display format of the report – it should be according to culture
7. Verify Amount display format of the report- it should be according to culture
8. Verify export functionality – to excel, pdf, xml etc
9. Verify zoom functionality
10. Verify GUI part including alignment, spell, tab index, page title ,logo etc
11. Verify all data on the report according to language
12. Verify response time of generating report
13. Verify report data with valid and invalid input values
14. Verify report data on GUI as well as from backend also (database)
15. Verify report header information

4 comments:

  1. Hi Trupti,

    It really interesting to share your knowledge to us.
    This is really great helpful.

    Thanks

    Keep it up.

    Vinod Patel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trupti,

    One of the Useful Information Shared by You.

    I want to know about the "bugtriage" & "Scrums" Used in Testing Domain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vinod and Vijay.

    @Vijay: What information you required about scrum. Let me know in detail.

    Basically Scrum is used in Agile methodology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trupti,

    very good documents preparation skills. good keep it up.

    ReplyDelete